Voluntary and community organisations in York and North Yorkshire can access free advice and guidance on funding issues from their local Funding Adviser.
Funding Advisers provide the following support:
• Assistance with searching for sources of funding
• Guidance with writing quality funding applications
• Project planning and development
• Developing a funding strategy
• Advice on financial sustainability issues.
The Funding Advice Network also runs a series of courses to help voluntary and community organisations get to grips with funding and fundraising. We have enquired and these courses are open to any voluntary and community organisation, not just those in York and North Yorkshire.
There is also a conference at York Racecourse on Friday 18 November on "Funding Landscapes - Mapping the future of voluntary sector funding". There are a small number of free tickets available to voluntary organisations with an annual income of less than £30,000.
For more information see the website at http://www.ynyfundingadvice.org.uk/