- This event has passed.
South Yorkshire Vernacular and Barnsley’s Best Buildings
21/Oct/2017 @ 10:00 - 16:30
The second Yorkshire Vernacular Buildings Study Group (YVBSG) day school of the year, to be again held at the Headingley Campus of Leeds Beckett University. It is almost 40 years since the last systematic and detailed recording work was done in the Barnsley area. The YVBSG will present the findings of their recent studies of seven buildings there. Providing new information and insights on buildings previously studied as well as revealing details of buildings not previously studied in detail, this is an essential event for anyone interested in the historic buildings of Yorkshire and the Barnsley area.
Talks will include:
- The Vernacular Buildings of South Yorkshire – Peter Ryder
- Barnsley’s Best Buildings: an introduction – David Cook
- Barnsley’s Best Buildings: the rest of the best – Peter Thornborrow
- Ingfield Cruck Barn, Ingbirchworth – Tony Robinson
- Birthwaite Hall Farm Buildings, Darton – Malcolm Birdsall
- The Long Barn, Bullhouse Hall, Penistone – Nick Nelson
- The Summer House at Bullhouse Hall – Lorraine Moor
- Swaithe Hall and Cruck Barn, Worsbrough – Roger Lambert
- Houndhill, Worsbrough – David Cook
Full details and booking form available at http://www.yvbsg.org.uk/events.html.