Support for community archaeology groups with video conferencing costs
Does your group need help with the costs of hosting online meetings?
Supported by Historic England, the CBA is offering small grants to help with video conferencing licensing costs for community archaeology groups and groups for young people, including Young Archaeologists Club branches. The funding is part of Recharging British Archaeology, our project to help people keep participating in archaeology and to help groups recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.
We know that many groups are successfully using video conferencing to host lectures and group meetings. But we have also heard from some groups who feel restricted by the terms of their current package, and are struggling to meet the costs of upgrading. We can offer financial support to enable groups to meet the software costs associated with expanding their online offer. This might include inviting more attendees to attend talks, hosting an AGM or improving the way members can interact during sessions.
We have £1250 to distribute in total, and groups can apply for a maximum of £150.
How to apply
- To apply, you must be a voluntary archaeology group based in England and your organisation must be a member of the CBA. Groups for both adults and young people are eligible to apply.
- Please fill in the attached application form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our maximum grant is £150, but we can part-fund more expensive licenses
- We can fund short-term licenses for a one-off event such as an AGM or special lecture, or 12 month licenses. All licenses must be paid for in advance by the group or a representative and we will require receipts to reimburse you.
- We will allocate the funding in two batches, to enable us to give a speedier response to groups with an immediate need.
- Our first application deadline is midday on 15 December 2020 and successful applicants will be notified by 18 December.
- Our second and final application deadline is midday on Tuesday 5th January 2021 and successful applicants will be notified by 11 January
- All funding must be claimed by Monday 18 January
For more information please follow this link: https://new.archaeologyuk.org/news/support-for-community-archaeology-groups-with-video-conferencing-costs